From NAMIC Wiki
Home < Projects:ShapeAnalysisOfHippocampus
Shape Analysis of the Hippocampus
Our Objective is to examine hippocampal shape in patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls.
- Initial hippocampal segmentations of healthy control data were successfully processed at UNC (see average asymmetry as examplary analysis in Fig 2.)
- Data has been acquired at 1.5T on 20 patients with schizophrenia and 20 healthy controls at Dartmouth.
- Have begun to apply 3D Slicer for manual segmentation. Additional subject accrual ongoing.
Fig 1. Healthy Asymmetry results
- UNC Algorithms: Martin Styner, Guido Gerig
- Dartmouth DBP 1: Andrew Saykin, Tara McHugh, Robert Roth, Laura Flashman
- Isomics Engineering: Steve Pieper