SDI: Agenda for December16 New Centers meeting in Bethesda
Agenda Items Friday December 16 (2005) NIH Roadmap Software and Data Integration Working Group (SDIWG) New Centers meeting Bethesda MD
This SDIWG meeting is held in conjunction with the New NCBC meeting which will be held all day on Friday Dec 16--the full day's agenda is at Full Agenda .
Meeting location: Marriott Bethesda North Hotel and Conference Center, 5701 Marinelli Road, North Bethesda, MD 20852 (301-822-9200)
This page deals with the SDIWG component of the New National Centers for Biomedical Computing (NCBC) meeting on Friday December 16, 2005. The main SDIWG thread is on this Wiki].
Three new NCBCs have been added to the existing list of four. December 16 will be the first in-person meeting of these Centers. The new Principal Investigators are Brian Athey, Andrea Califano, and Mark Musen. The full day's agenda is: Full Agenda . There will be a morning session of 0.5 hour devoted to National Networking and Community Building. The afternoon session will devote 1.25 hours discussion to Software and Data Integration Working Group (SDIWG) issues--and that is what this page is devoted to.
The Charter of SDIWG is: The RFA states the goal of creating “the networked national effort to build the computational infrastructure for biomedical computing for the nation”. Here is a link to relevant text in the Announcement RFA-RM-04-003. In furthering this, the goals of the SDIWG in concert with the Project Team and Centers staff are:
1. To advance the domain sciences, and promote software interoperability and data exchange.
2. To capture the collective knowledge of software engineering and practices among the Centers and publish this knowledge widely.
Since the NCBC program started in the Fall of 2004 we have had a series of monthly tcons, summarized in the minutes pages on this wiki and in the ongoing thread.
This is intended to be a working document. Please create an account-password for yourself and change as necessary...
Session 1:15 - 2:30 PM Software and Data Integration Working Group Discussion.
At the front of the room (at a desk facing the attendees) the following: PIs and SDIWG reps from the Centers, LSOs, Peter Lyster (at podium). This may be a tight fit, so we may only have the PIs up front?
- Update on existing efforts: The main SDIWG thread is on this Wiki]. Peter Lyster gave a presentation at the first New Hands meeting on Dec 8 2004. These are now updated for Dec 16 2006. (Peter Lyster)
- Responses from PIs on the existing efforts, and suggestions for future progress (the PIs)
- Any issues that arose out of the morning's session or the previous evening's PIs meeting (the PIs)
- Report from Daniel Rubin on the analysis of the NCBC software terminology/classification--here is the draft protege document (Daniel Rubin and Mark Musen)
- The agenda and source documents for the July 8 2005 SDIWG meeting with NCBC staff.
- The minutes for the July 8 2005 meeting.
Other recent source documents...
- Zerhouni-gram matrix: as generated from the original Roadmap meetings on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
- The caBIG Compatibility Guidelines. The NCI Center for Bioinformatics Open Development Initiative.
- Recent talk by P. Lyster on Open Source Software Frameworks.
- Presentation by Ivo Dinov at 07/22/05 NCRR-NIBIB P41 meeting: Center for Computational Biology;
- Presentations by Bill Lorensen at 07/22/05 NCRR-NIBIB P41 meeting:Open, Distributed and Collaborative Software Development & Open Software Engineering.
- Presentation by Isaac Kohane 07/22/05 NCRR-NIBIB P41 meeting: Turning Healthcare System into Reseaerch Engine
- The Cathedral and the Bazaar: Manifesto of the Open Source movement by Eric S. Raymond
Feel free to add others…