Medtronic Navigation StealthLink Research Portal
(This information is provided by Medtronic for the OpenIGTLink Community)
StealthLink 1 is our released application. This API is available with our Mach Cranial, Spine Synergy, FrameLink, and LandMarX applications. The API is a simple query/retrieve interface with static data structures. The API consists of a C library available for Windows and Linux.
Data available via StealthLink 1 includes:
- Tool transforms for multiple tools
- Frame transforms
- Image space to frame space registration transforms
- Surgical plan target and entry points
- Registration exam information
- Working exam information (with merge transform to the registration exam)
- Microscope information
- Probe tip in image space
- Functional procedure specific information
All transforms are float and points are float.
StealthLink 2 is currently under development and will initially be released with our new Cranial application (Synergy Cranial 2.2) in Spring, 2011. StealthLink 2 will build on the functionality of StealthLink 1. The API will support a query/retrieve mechanism, but will also contain a subscription mechanism for frequently updated data. The API will consist of a C++ library and will be available for Windows and Linux in its first release.
StealthLink 2 data consists of data classes and methods to enable convenient access. All data will have an optional timestamp. Available data will include:
- Name, image space tip, transforms, marker information, status information, etc.
- Name, transforms, point sets, etc.
- Image set, properties, merge transforms, etc.
- Planning information
- Surgical plans, segmented models
- Footswitch status, task information, localizer data
Update (June 3, 2015)
- PLUS toolkit includes a StealthLink/OpenIGTLink bridge for receiving live tool position information, planning image volume, registration results through StealthLink and sending it to Slicer through OpenIGTLink
- Demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHmv5u-sB5g
- Documentation: http://perk-software.cs.queensu.ca/plus/doc/nightly/user/DeviceStealthLink.html