Summer2009:Implementing parallelism in python
- BWH: Julien de Siebenthal, Sylvain Bouix
We are investigating ways of running computational intensive simulations with the python language.
Our approach is to subdivide highly intensive computational tasks and profit of the parallelism offered by current multicore machines.
During the summer week, we will discuss improvements on the current implementation and possibly other approaches that could complement ours.
- Achieved software for parallelizing python tasks. It uses parallel python for that purpose and was tested successfully on fat nodes and the cluster at SPL.
- Improved performance
- Completed parallelization of connection filtering
- Completed batch for different studies configuration
- Checked in under the Slicer trunk - the package is found under <your slicer3 path>/lib/Slicer3/Plugins/StochasticTractographyServerMP