Wikipage of Paul Mercea
I am a Medical Informatics masters student from the University of Heidelberg, Germany. Before coming to the SPL I worked for two years part time at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) in Heidelberg at the Medical and Biological Informatics department. At the moment I am working on my master's thesis at SPL on the project described below.
If you would like to contact me feel free to write me an e-mail. E-mail: pmercea (at sign) bwh.harvard.edu
Project - Longitudinal Analysis of PET/CT Image Series
In my project I will develop a loadable Slicer 4 Module which will provide an user friendly workflow management for the analysis of multi timepoint PET/CT image data.
TODO list before Slicer 4.2 feature freeze
- Evaluating if plotting SUV values can be done with jqPlot or by using vtkCharts.
- Enhancing volume cropping for voxel space.
- Exploring utlility of multiple volume rendering views for qualitative analysis.
- Figure out if customized layout can be done without core modification (on the fly)
Documentation of the Progress
- Download the draft for the internal structure here (last updated: 07/12/2012).
- Download the flowchart for the workflow here (last updated: 07/10/2012).
- Download the current mockups for the workflow here.
- Opensource tool used for GUI prototyping: Pencil
- Source code for workflow demo application: demo repository
- Source code of Longitudinal PET/CT Analysis Module for Slicer 4 module repository
- J. Zhang et al. (2003) Using usability heuristics to evaluate patient safety of medical devices