Engineering:TCON 04 14 2005
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < Engineering:TCON 04 14 2005
- We will be using this week's engineering TCON slot to kick off discussions for the Programmers Week, June 27-July1. All participants for the programming week have been invited to join.
- Discussion on pipelines and grids (Jeff and Michael)
- Followup from last week's TCON- The pipelines of the ITK exercise have been added. They can be found at: ITKExercises
Attendees (please add your name if it's missing): Tina, Bill, John, Casey, Tom, Lauren, Steve, Katie, Michael, Luis, Sonia, Ron, Jim, Xiaodong, Isabelle, Jeff, Randy, Jason, Nicole
- Tina took us to the Programmer's Week Wiki page. Overview of meeting place and times for the retreat.
- Decided to focus on getting work done, but also have some presentations (will have 4 projectors).
- Each programming team should add a Wiki page for their project. Dave Tuch's page on nonrigid EPI registration can be used as a good example of what a page should look like.
- Randy suggested meeting in the Teal room at MIT.
- Luis gave a description of the NA-MIC sandbox.
- Tina mentioned that this might be a good chance for groups with common research to combine efforts/collaborate. UNC and MIT, and their common work on DTI tract grouping, were given as an example.
- We discussed hotel considerations for the week, agreed that it would be preferrable to stay in one or two hotels. Hotel specifics will be coming soon.
- Core 1 people should be posting how they are using Core 3 data at this page. Also, we should try to be covering all the data -- most people are using the Harvard data, while there is little usage of the Irvine data.
- Ron emphasized that we should not forget about documentation of the code that is produced during the week.
- Discussion on the LONI Pipeline/Grid computing integration. TCON will be held next week. Also see Programmer's Retreat Pipeline Project for more details on plans.