2008 Summer Project Week:DWIRegistrationOMT
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2008 Summer Project Week:DWIRegistrationOMT
- Allen Tannenbaum, Tauseef ur Rehman, John Melonakos (Georgia Tech)
- Marek Kubicki, Sylvain Bouix (BWH)
- To explore the portability of Optimal Mass Transport (OMT) Non-rigid Registration code to the NAMIC toolkit.
- To determine applicability of OMT registration algorithm for DWI Distortion Correction.
- Conversations with Core 2 to analyze the project
- Discussions with Core 3 to see how to adapt the existing code for DWI Registration
- Make a project plan
- Currently the algorithm and registration framework is available in MATLAB
- Preliminary results with DWI baseline image correction.
- DWI and MRI image intensity normalization using CSF and White-Matter/Grey-Matter segmentations performed to make sure both image volumes are on same footing so that Mass Transport mapping is found without introducing structural distortions.
- Further experiments required to fine tune the normalization step.
- Slicer command line module created for interfacing with OMT Registration algorithm. A few issues with nrrd files being resolved.
- Discussions with Core 2 on existing infrastructure within ITK for non-rigid registration and re-use of demons diffeomorphic registration filter framework for OMT Registration filter.