2013 Project Week:SimplifyRendererMouseInteraction
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2013 Project Week:SimplifyRendererMouseInteraction
- Queen's: Csaba Pinter
- MGH: Greg Sharp
- BWH: Andrey Fedorov, Ron Kikinis
- Isomics: Steve Pieper
- Kitware: Jean-Cristophe Fillion-Robin
- The goal is to discuss mouse interactions on slice viewers and decide best course of action.
- Review current documentation.
- Make the mouse mode (action invoked on left mouse button) explicit. Allow user to select the default left button mode via a preferences option.
- Change mouse cursor icon to reflect current mouse mode
- Changing mouse modes controlled through a toolbar.
- When a mouse mode is active, the one-time actions (add fiducial etc.) are still available (through shortcuts)
- Mouse modes
- 'Null' mode - no action in slice viewers, rotation only in 3D viewer - default mouse mode
- Window/Level mode - W/L in slice viewers, rotation in 3D viewer. (Decision on W/L in 3D for volume rendering? How about linking to the shift transfer function?)
- Selection mode?
- Transform mode?
- Allow extensions to define new modes? Extension provides name of the mode, icon for the pointer.
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as changes in the Slicer4 core.
- Mailing list thread