2013 Summer Project Week:Optimizing start time of slicer
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2013 Summer Project Week:Optimizing start time of slicer
- Kitware: Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
- Isomics: Steve Pieper
Develop strategies and possibly implementations for speeding up slicer startup time.
- Come up with a concrete definition of what time we are trying to optimize. Options:
- how long before images appear when slicer is started with data file on command line
- how long after double-clicking does the interface appear?
- how long before it responds to clicks?
- how long before all modules are available?
- Consider usage scenarios
- developer vs. release build
- visualization only mode vs full analysis mode (maybe start quickly in vis mode and load analysis tools in background)
- Consider experiments and earlier discussions
- Develop a framework to quantify current and alternate timings
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as core slicer functionality