2014 Project Week:LAFibrosisVisualizationModule
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2014 Project Week:LAFibrosisVisualizationModule
- Utah: Salma Bengali, Josh Cates
- The workflow at CARMA for generating fibrosis scores for patients involves creating an isosurface of the left atrium wall, with regions of scar overlaid. We have a preliminary module for visualization of scar / fibrosis, but need to expand with additional color maps. We would also like to add the calculation of the percent of scar in the left atrium wall.
- Build slicer module for visualization of (1) fibrosis and (2) scar with custom color maps
- We have discussed with Nicole and have decided to add a custom color map that will be included with our extension. An example of what the wall model will look like is shown above.
- The percentage of scar in the wall will be calculated and updated as the user changes the intensity threshold.
This work will be added to what is already available as a Slicer loadable module.