2014 Project Week:Statistical Shape Model for robotic spine surgery
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2014 Project Week:Statistical Shape Model for robotic spine surgery
- Marine Clogenson, Charles Baur (EPFL: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
- The goal of the project is to generate a 3D model of the C2 cervical vertebra for surgery planning using an atlas-based segmentation technique.
- A Statistical Shape Model of the C2 vertebra has been created from 91 CT scans using Statismo , a toolkit for building PCA shape models.
- A first loadable module for displaying a statistical shape model (SSMDisplay), which allows visualizing the main variation of the shape, has been implemented. Some small bugs still have to be corrected.
- A second loadable module for landmark constrained shape model fitting (LandmarkSegmentation) is in development to perform interactive segmentation of the vertebra.
- Development of an Extension with the two loadable modules
- Move to the new version of the Superbuild to integrate the two external libraries: Statismo and Hdf5
- Resolution of some bugs in the SSMDisplay module