2014 Project Week:TCIA Browser Extension in Slicer
- BWH: Alireza Mehrtash, Andrey Fedorov, Ron Kikinis
- Isomics: Steve Pieper
- NCI Imaging Program: Justin Kirby, John Freymann
The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA) hosts a large collection of Cancer medical imaging data which is available to public . The goal of this project is to develop a Slicer module in order to retrieve the medical images hosted at TCIA and visualize them in 3D Slicer.
- Create a scripted Slicer module for browsing TCIA collections and loading images into Slicer scene.
- Study the latest changes in TCIA API  and update the current module prototype.
- Discuss about the module functionality and UI design.
- Review the desired interactions of module with Slicer DICOM database.
- Review the different methods for displaying and organizing query results.
- We developed a scripted module for Slicer which can be used to connect to TCIA archive, browse the data, download and load into Slicer scene.
- The module is finalized and is ready to be published as a Slicer extension.
-  Module Code at Github: https://github.com/mehrtash/TCIABrowser/tree/master/TCIABrowser
-  TCIA Home Page : http://cancerimagingarchive.net/
-  QIICR wiki: Slicer TCIA interface project : https://github.com/QIICR/ProjectIssuesAndWiki/wiki/Slicer-tcia-interface
-  TCIA Rest API Documentation: https://wiki.cancerimagingarchive.net/display/Public/TCIA+Programmatic+Interface+%28REST+API%29+Usage+Guide
-  Module UI Design: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1HJcbNxhAGXP9Raw0JZFPzKXqgOgR8sv7eikYIsWPKNQ/edit?usp=sharing