2014 Summer Project Week:Software Platform for Robotic Surgery
Home < 2014 Summer Project Week:Software Platform for Robotic Surgery
- Yangming Li, Blake Hannaford, Biorobotics Lab., University of Washington
- Build a navigation system for the Raven robot, which is a 7-DOF cable-actuated surgical manipulator designed for use in either MIS or open surgery.
- Build the map through the fusion of CT, MRI scans and surgeons’ diagnoses.
- Automatically search the optimal path for the surgical robot.
- Provide a user-friendly interface for surgeons' supervision on the surgical robot's behavior.
- Learn about the capabilities of 3D Slicer, OpenIGTLink, tissue-labeling, and registration in the context of skull base surgery.
- Know the capabilities of 3D Slicer.
- Understand how to communicate between hardware and 3D slicer.
- Know some of the cutting-edge techniques on the segmentation and registration problems.
- Found the possible solutions to our problems, 3D Slicer and other awesome tools, such as freesurfer, fsl, Brainstools, bet, bse, robex and more.