2014 Summer Project Week:Visual Guidance for Neurosurgery US Recording
- BWH: Alireza Mehrtash, Isaiah Norton,Rahul Sastry, Matthew Toews, Tina Kapur, Sandy Wells
- Queen's: Andras Lasso
Intraoperative ultrasound is a safe and cost-effective tool that provides useful information about the localization of the brain tumors and also targeting residual tumor. 3D reconstruction of intra-operative US can be obtained by recording tracked 2D US data and can be visualized in conjunction with pre-operative MRI scans. Recording appropriate 2D US slices can have a direct affect on the output of 3D reconstructed volume. The goal of this project is to develop a visual guidance tool to aid neurosurgeons in the process of recording US data.
- To develop a visual guidance tool to aid neurosurgeons in the process of recording US data.
- Create scripted module in 3D Slicer for guiding recording process.
- We added the functionality of real-time reconstruction of volumes to PlusRemote module from Slicer through an active PLUS Server connection.
- We tested the real-time reconstruction on the existing available AMIGO neurosurgery data.
-  Preliminary test and presentation video: http://youtu.be/fGkG6LTWn6g