2014 Winter Project Week:MRB Extension Dependencies
- Steve Pieper, Isomics
- Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin, Kitware
- Jim Miller, GE
- Nicole Aucoin, BWH
- Alex Yarmarkovich, BWH
MRB's (and Scenes in general) may reference nodes or panels (via module selection) which may have been installed on the MRB author's machine via Extensions but not available on the machine of the person who downloaded the MRB. In this circumstance, the person who downloaded the MRB may not be able to access all the information in the MRB. For example, SceneView restores may not function properly. Furthermore, the user is not provided any guidance on how to rectify the situation.
The goal of this project is to develop a design whereby the Slicer will track a Scene's dependency on Extensions and provide a mechanism for the user to download the missing Extensions.
- Talk through the issues in
- tracking (nodes, modules, extension) dependency information inside a MRML structure
- automatically downloading needed extensions at MRB download time
- Develop a preliminary design and plan
- Track (nodes, modules, extension) dependency information inside MRML
- Record all Extensions available on MRB author's machine inside MRML
- Just because an Extension was used to author an MRB does not mean that Extension is needed to view the contents of the MRB.