2014 Winter Project Week:XNATSlicerLink
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2014 Winter Project Week:XNATSlicerLink
- Erwin Vast, ErasmusMC, The Netherlands
- Nicole Aucoin, BWH
- Andrey Fedorov, BWH
- Radiologist sometimes would like to make an annotation on an existing CT/MRI/US image. 3D Slicer contains a module to create different kind of annotations.
- The focus of this project is to store annotations created in 3D Slicer in XNAT. XNAT (http://xnat.org) is a framework for storing image (derived) data.
- The annotations should be downloadable in the XNAT webinterface.
- It should be possible to store a description accompanied with the annotation.
- The annotations should be downloadable and viewable in 3D Slicer.
- The interface should not only support DICOM, but also NIFTI and other relevant image filetypes.
- Extend or build a module upon the existing XNATSlicer module (https://github.com/skumar221/XNATSlicer) of Sunil Kumar.
- Use custom variables in XNAT to store the description (and possibly other relevant information).
- Approach 1: Store annotation files only.
- Approach 2: Store mrb file without image included (but next to original image data). Advantages: 1) more generic as is can include other meta-data, 2) all in one file, 3) prevents duplicate image data.
- Almost implemented approach 2) but encountered some small problems which have to be discussed with the XNATSlicer developer.
- Propose code to XNATSlicer developer.