From NAMIC Wiki
Home < CTSC:TTIC.minutes.071508
Back to Collaboration:Harvard_CTSC
Harvard Translational Imaging Consortium Meeting Minutes July 15, 2008
In Attendance (by T-con):
- Clare Tempany, BWH
- Jeffery Yap
- Bruce Rosen, MGH
- Ann Schlesinger, CTSC Navigator
- Gordon Williams
- Gordon Harris
- Annick Van den Abbeele
- Bill Hanlon
- Bob Lenkinski
- Zeke Benstein-Hanley
- Stephan Voss
Gordon Williams outlined 4 milestones for 9/1/08
- 1. Resources: must be populated by each site in this wiki.
- 2. Consultation: How do investigators access the program-the service plan must be available electronically in CONNECT
- 3. Services: Determination of the servcices to be provided by the imaging core
- 4. Education program outline and description with dates of 3-4 events per year again posted on CONNECT.
Budget discussion This was discussed by all after an outlined -below- provided by Gordon W. 3 aspects to budget as it now stands- $1.2M
- Consultation service- expected to be provided through the funds already allocated in the grant for the associated directors- all of us- at each site to provide this service
- Need to determine how much help we can provide after initial consultation- with no $$ for scan time- before investigators move to apply for CTSC pilot funds
- Pilot funds- how best to optimize this opportunity- the "GW" bias-pilots with collaborative teams of a junior imaging investigator paired with CTSC investigator -cross disiplinary projects will enhance chances of success. There will be a CTSC study section- not yet in place- they will review all pilot applications.
- Bruce Rosen proposed that we think through how best to use the funds in one of 2 possible ways
- expand the pool of funded individuals at each site
- considered hiring cross insitutional individuals who will provide a unique resource -not already available for the core and all of the CTSC investigators, examples included- standarization of imaging protocols- such as anatomical sequences, database establishment and management.
- Internal timetable to meet goals - proposed by the group that in next 2 weeks we try to achieve the resources, education and consultation goals