Common resampling and conversion utility functions in Slicer
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < Common resampling and conversion utility functions in Slicer
- Isomics: Steve Pieper
- UIowa: Hans
- PMH Toronto: Kevin Wang
- Queen's: Csaba Pinter
The goal is to develop common utility functions to perform resampling of vtkMRMLVolumeNode using a reference volume node and conversion of vtkMRMLVolumeNode to itkImage.
- discuss during the project week using google hangout.
- explain what has been done in SlicerRT to deal with these two functions.
- Csaba has found a bug in vtkImageReslice so we need to follow up with this and report it back to David Gobbi.
- Try this implementation to see if Csaba's use case works with it
- Use cases
- Convert images from VTK+MRML to ITK to supply input to Plastimatch algorithms (RT)
- Resample a labelmap to match the lattice of another one for voxel-by voxel comparison (RT, validating/comparing segmentations)
- Resample mask to match the input DWI image for DWI to DTI conversion (Hans Johnson, UIowa)
- Plan is to implement the functions in volumes logic first, and then sink it to lower layers if necessary
- ITK -> VTK+MRML
- VTK+MRML -> ITK
- Oriented resamplers (apply transform to a volume and resample it in a reference grid)
- ITK (re-use code from Plastimatch)
- VTK+MRML (vtkImageReslice)
- Started implementation of two classes in volumes logic: vtkVolumesConvertUtility and vtkVolumesOrientedResampleUtility. Names and the details of the implementation can be of course changed.
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a Slicer module