From NAMIC Wiki
Home < Event:2011-Registration-Retreat-Sunday
- Current algorithms are designed for mapping brains of healthy volunteers into each other
- We need algorithms that
- are robust and EASY to use
- can handle sliding organs
- can handle changes introduced by a procedure
- We will need to distinguish between unsolved algorithm problems and unfinished application engineering.
- Segmentation and registration are linked problems. Usually, when you have solved one, you can solve the others.
- What are problems that should be pushed to the user interface and what are problems that should be adressed with algorithms