Back to Events
|This is the home page for the 2008 NA-MIC all hands meeting (AHM). NA-MIC participants meet for a AHM once a year. The purpose of the AHM is to coordinate, discuss plans and report to NIH officers and the external advisory board (EAB). The external advisory board meets with the NA-MIC leadership immediately after the AHM. In parallel, NA-MIC is organizing a project week. These events, with the exception of the EAB meeting, are open to collaborators and potential collaborators.
For more information about the project weeks in general, click here.
For information about the January 2008 project week, see below or click here.
For information about Utah as a travel destination click here.
|The 2008 AHM, EAB and Project Week was held in Salt Lake City, UT, January 7-11, 2008.|
|Time||Monday, January 7||Tuesday, January 8||Wednesday, January 9||Thursday, January 10||Friday, January 11|
|Project Activities in Capitol B-C||Project Activities in Capitol B-C||Project Activities in Capitol B-C||AHM in Capitol A-B, EAB in Olympus B||Project Activities in Capitol B-C|
|8:00-10:00||9:30 Core 1 and 2 PI closed session in Capitol A||Project Work
Plug-ins for Slicer3 in Amethyst 1
8:00-9:00 IGT Breakout Session Amethyst 1
8:00 Introduction, Ron Kikinis
Core 1 and 2 Presentations
|Project Work |
Python mini-Breakout Session
|10:00-10:30||Core 1 and 2 PI closed session||Coffee||Coffee||Coffee||Coffee|
|10:30-12:00||Core 1 and 2 PI closed session||Project Work||Project Work
10:30: Isomics, Steve Pieper
DPB Engineers Lunch meeting
Birds of a Feather: fMRI
|1:00-3:00||Introduce Projects and Participants||Breakout: Geometry and Topology processing of Meshes Amthyst 1||Project Work
Tractography Breakout Session contd
|3:00-5:00||3:00-4:00 Slicer Update Slides
Registration Breakout Amethyst 1
3:00-4:00 Batchmake Update
3:00-4:00 Discussion with NA-MIC Leadership
4:00-5:00 Closed Session
|05:00-07:00||5:00 Optional: Tour of the new SCI building||6:00 Optional: Beer at Murphy's (like last year)|
Please note that there will be a Core 1&2 Site PI Retreat on the morning of Monday, January 7th. This is a closed session for Core 1&2 Site PIs, with no delegates. The topic is the competitive renewal.
Dates. Venue. Registration
- The All Hands Meeting and External Advisory Board Meeting will be held on Thursday, January 10th.
- Project Activities will be held rest of the week between Monday, January 7th and Friday, January 11th.
Venue: The venue for the meeting is Marriot City Center, Salt Lake City, Utah Mariott City Center, Salt Lake City, Utah. (Floorplan). To reserve rooms at the meeting rate of $129/night, please either call the hotel at 1-801-961-8700 or 1-866-961-8700 (toll free) and mention that you are attending the NAMIC meeting or book online by using the code SCISCIA. Please note that we do need attendees to use this hotel in order to not incur additional charges for the use of conference rooms.
Registration: We are charging a registration fee to all participants. The fee covers the costs of the facilities and food provided. In order to keep the fee low, we need to get a sufficient number of hotel nights by our participants. See above for more on this. Please click here for online registration. This registration must be completed by Friday, December 14, 2007.
Connectivity We have three wireless access points at the AHM. Two of them are located in the capital ballroom. One is named capital-ballroom, the other is named capital-ballroom2. If one access point doesn't let you connect it is probably overloaded. In that case, please try connecting to the other one.
Please note that unlike past events, registration will not be done on the wiki. Instead you need to follow this registration link to complete your online registration. The organizers will periodically publish the list of registered attendees in the space below. Attendees should NOT add their names in this section.
This is the list of attendees who have registered as of January 5, 2008
- Michael J. Ackerman, Ph.D. National Library of Medicine
- Everette Burdette Acoustic MedSystems, Inc.
- German Cavelier NIHNIMH
- Kevin Cleary Georgetown University collaborator
- Zohara Cohen National Institutes of Health
- Jack Collins SAIC-Frederick, Inc.
- Gabor Fichtinger Queens University
- Chris Johnson External Advisory Board EAB member
- Danial Lashkari MIT MIT
- Mikhail Milchenko Washington University at St Louis 2
- Sandy Napel Stanford EAB member
- Godfrey Pearlson Yale EAB member
- Fred Prior External Advisory Board EAB member
- Mike Sherman Stanford Invited Speaker
- Arthur Toga Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, UCLA
- Chris Wyatt Virginia Tech Collaborator
- Terry S. Yoo National Library of Medicine
AHM and Project Event
- Douglas Alan Harvard University IIC Collaborator
- Luca Antiga Mario Negri Institute
- Kevin Archie Washington University School of Medicine
- Nicole Aucoin Brigham and Women's Hospital 2
- Stephen Aylward Kitware, Inc.
- Serdar Balci MIT
- Sebastien Barre Kitware, Inc.
- Jack Blevins Acoustic MedSystems, Inc.
- Daniel Blezek Mayo Clinic External
- H Jeremy Bockholt The MIND Research Network MIND DBP2
- Sylvain Bouix Brigham and Womens Hospital Psychiatry Neuroimaging Lab Core 3
- Francois Budin Brigham and Womens Hospital
- Patrick Cheng Georgetown University collaborator
- Kiyoyuki Chinzei AIST, Japan
- Nikos Chrisochoides College of William and Mary
- Csaba Csoma Johns Hopkins University
- Brad Davis Kitware, Inc.
- Preston Tom Fletcher SCI Institute
- Andreas Freudling Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Yi Gao Georgia Tech
- Guido Gerig SCI Institute
- David Gobbi Queens University DBP2
- Polina Golland MIT Core 1
- Randy Gollub MGH Department of Psychiatry Core 5
- Casey Goodlett SCI Institute
- Alexandre Gouaillard Caltech
- Sylvain Gouttard SCI Institute
- Benjamin Grauer Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Jeffrey Grethe UCSD 2
- Nicole Grosland The University of Iowa, CCAD
- Nathan Hageman UCLA
- Michael Halle Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Nobuhiko Hata Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Nobuhiko Hata Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Kathryn Hayes Brigham and Womens Hospital 2 - Engineering
- Heather Cody Hazlett University of North Carolina DBP Core2
- Bill Hoffman Kitware, Inc.
- Jaesung Hong Kyushu University
- Luis Ibanez Kitware, Inc.
- Mustafa Okan Irfanoglu OSU
- Firdaus Janoos ohio-state univ
- Julien Jomier Kitware, Inc.
- Usman Khan Brigham and Womens Hospital
- Ron Kikinis Brigham and Womens Hospital Leadership Core
- Marek Kubicki Brigham and Womens Hospital
- Curtis Lisle KnowledgeVis, LLC 2
- Haiying Liu Brigham and Womens Hospital
- William Lorensen External Advisory Board EAB
- Raghu Machiraju The Ohio State University
- Vincent Magnotta The University of Iowa, CCAD
- Daniel Marcus Washington University Core 2
- Doug Markant Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Katie Mastrogiacomo SPL, Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Sean Megason Caltech
- John Melonakos Georgia Tech
- James V Miller GE Global Research
- Vandana Mohan Georgia Inst of Technology 1
- Kishore Mosaliganti The Ohio State University
- Tri Ngo MIT
- Ipek Oguz UNC 2
- Steve Pieper Isomics, Inc. 2, 6
- Carlo Pierpaoli NIH
- Wendy Plesniak Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Kilian Pohl Brigham and Women's Hospital 1
- Marcel Prastawa SCI Institute
- Sonia Pujol Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Katharina Quintus Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Yogesh Rathi Brigham and Womens Hospital
- Mert Sabuncu MIT
- Will Schroeder Kitware, Inc.
- Mark Scully The MIND Research Network
- Li Shen Indiana University
- Kiran Shivanna The University of Iowa, CCAD
- Martin Styner UNC Chapel Hill 1
- Padma Sundaram Brigham and Womens Hospital Brigham and Womens
- Xiaodong Tao GE
- Kinh Tieu Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Junichi Tokuda Brigham and Women's Hospital Leadership Core
- Clement Vachet UNC Chapel Hill 3
- Koen Van Leemput MIT
- Sandy Wells Brigham and Womens Hospital
- Carl-Fredrik Westin Brigham and Womens Hospital NAC
- Nathan Wilson Cardiovascular Simulation, Inc.
- Alexander Yarmarkovich Isomics, Inc. Engineering Core 2
- Anastasia Yendiki MGH
- Boon Thye Yeo MIT
- Tim Yin Stony Brook University
This is the list of attendees who have registered as of January 5, 2008. Please note that unlike past events, registration will not be done on the wiki. Instead you need to follow this registration link to complete your online registration. The organizers will periodically publish the list of registered attendees in the space above. Attendees should NOT add their names in this section.