Back to Dartmouth DBP 1
NA-MIC data is overseen by both the Dartmouth CPHS and the NH State IRB. We have received approval from each entity to share deidentified data with NA-MIC researchers via the wiki. The link between shared data and private subject IDs is kept at Dartmouth in a locked cabinet, within a locked office, and outside researchers will not have access to this information. Data is not to be shared with researchers outside the NA-MIC consortium.
A More detailed description of the data sets can be found here. Data includes:
- 6 Healthy Controls Data
- fMRI (ER-RECOG task)
- Hippocampus Traces – from Brains
- Hippocampal ROIs – Binary ROIs
- MRI Data for 15 SZ
- Frontal Traces: 8 Structures (right and left) – from Brains
- Working with Steve Pieper and Gordon Kindlmann to correctly incorporate new 3T data into Slicer.
- Have uploaded sample data to BIRN to address diffusion direction concern and eddy current correction testing. These action items were developed during May 19th, 2006 visit by Steve Pieper and Ron Kikinis to Dartmouth.
- Correspondence with Steve Pieper to help debug Slicer 2.6 for 64-bit Linux.
- Collaboration with Josh Snyder/David Tuch at Harvard on DTI Path of Interest Project.
- Correspondence with Josh Snyder/Xiaodong Tao to help create script to convert Dartmouth data to nrrd format.
- Collaboration with team at Harvard and Steve Pieper to help improve and get training on Slicer Editor, DTI-MRI module, and fMRI module.
- Collaboration with Shenton Lab to port Dartmouth fMRI tasks to Harvard site for local (Boston) data collection.
- Progress report from January 2007 AHM in Salt Lake City
- May 19, 2006: Steve Pieper and Ron Kikinis Visit to Dartmouth
- Feb 22, 2006: Sylvain Bouix to visit Dartmouth
- January 20 2006: Review of AHM for Dartmouth lab
- January 8-13, 2006: The Second All-Hands-Meeting and Programming Event in Salt Lake City, Utah
- December 20, 2005: Marek Kubicki visit to Dartmouth
- December 14, 2005: Andy Saykin and Group visit to Brigham and Women's Hospital
- December 1, 2005 Dartmouth Group Slicer Training Followup at Harvard, 1249 Boylston
- May 26-27, 2005. User Training and Dissemination Workshop at Dartmouth
- April 21-22, 2005: Andy Saykin visit to Brigham and Women's Hospital and MIT
- February 20-22, 2005 AHM in SLC
Ongoing NA-MIC Projects
- Morphometry of medial temporal lobe structures in schizophrenia
- Corpus Callosum Fiber Tractography in schizophrenia
- Fractional anisotrophy in the uncinate fasciculus in schizophrenia and bipolar I disorder (replication and extension of Kubicki study)
- Intergity of fronto-temporal circuitry in schizophrenia using path of interest analysis
- Neural substrates of working memory in schizophrenia: A parametric 3-Back study
- Brain activation during a continuous verbal encoding and recognition task in schizophrenia
- Fronto-temporal connectivity in schizophrenia during semantic memory
Publications and Presentations (that have acknowledged NA-MIC)
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Roth, R.M., Koven, N.S., Pendergrass, J.C., Flashman, L.A., & Saykin, A.J. (submitted). Apathy and the processing of novelty in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research.
- Koven, N.S., Roth, R.M., Pendergrass, J.C., Flashman, L.A., McAllister, T.W., & Saykin, A.J. (submitted). Contribution of semantic clustering strategy to verbal learning and memory in schizophrenia. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology.
- Flashman, L.A., Roth, R.M., Cleavinger, H.B., Pixley, H.S., McAllister, T.W., Saykin, A.J., & Vidaver, R.M. (in press). Cavum septum pellucidum in schizophrenia: Symptom and neuropsychological correlates. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging.
- Roth, R.M., Saykin, A.J., Flashman, L.A., Pixley, H.S., West, J.D., Mamourian, A.C. (in press). Event-Related fMRI of Response Inhibition in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Biological Psychiatry.
- McHugh, T.L., Saykin, A.J., Wishart, H.A., Flashman, L.A., Cleavinger, H.B., Rabin, L.A., Mamourian, A.C., Shen, L. (in press). Hippocampal Volume and Shape Analysis in an Older Adult Population. The Clinical Neuropsychologist.
- Wishart, H.A., Saykin, A.J., McAllister, T.W., Rabin, L.A., McDonald, B.C., Flashman, L.A., Roth, R.M., Mamourian, A.C., Tsongalis, G.J., Rhodes, C.H. (2006). Regional brain atrophy in cognitively intact adults with a single APOE epsilon4 allele. Neurology. 67(5):834-42.
- Saykin, A.J., Wishart, H.A., Rabin, L.A., Santulli, R.B., Flashman, L.A., West, J.D., McHugh, T.L., Mamourian, A.C. (2006). Older adults with cognitive complaints show brain atrophy similar to that of amnestic MCI. Neurology. 67(7):1221-4.
- Roth RM, Koven, NS, Randolph JJ, Flashman LA, Pixley HS, Ricketts SM, Wishart HA, Saykin AJ. (2006). Functional magnetic resonance imaging of executive control in bipolar disorder. Neuroreport. 17(11):1085-1089.
Abstracts and Conference Proceedings
- West, J., Saykin, A., Roth, R., Flashman, L., Koven, N., Pendergrass, J.C., Arfanakis, K. (2007). Hippocampal and frontal memory circuitry abnormalities in schizophrenia: Relation of diffusion, morphometric and fMRI markers. Poster to be presented at the 13th Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping, Chicago, June.
- Flashman, L.A., Roth, R.M., McAllister, T.W., Pendergrass, J.C., Garlinghouse, M.A., & Saykin, A.J. (2007). Dissociation of awareness of different components of illness in schizophrenia. Poster to be presented at the 18th Annual Meeting of the American Neuropsychiatric Association, Tucson, February.
- Koven, N.S., Roth, R.M., Buzzuto, L., Pendergrass, J.C., Flashman, L.A., & Saykin, A.J. (2007). Impact of reaction time variability on brain activation during working memory in schizophrenia. Poster to be presented at the 35th Annual Meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society, Portland, February.
- Roth, R.M., Flashman, L.A., Koven, N.S., Pendergrass, J.C., Garlinghouse, M.A.,* McAllister, T.W., & Saykin, A.J. (2007). Subjective integrity of working memory is related to brain activation during an N-back task in schizophrenia. Poster to be presented at the 18th Annual Meeting of the American Neuropsychiatric Association, Tucson, February.
- Koven, N.S., Roth, R.M., Flashman, L.A., Randolph, J.J., Pixley, H.S., Ricketts, S.M., Wishart, H.A., & Saykin, A.J. (2006). Relationship between mood and brain activation during executive control in bipolar I disorder: Poster presented at the 34th Annual Meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society, Boston, February. Proceedings of the 34th Annual Meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society, 230.
- Rosen, A., Roth, R.M., Wishart, H.A., McDonald, B.C., Mac Donald, J., Flashman, L.A., Fadul, C., Kasper, L., Mamourian, A., & Saykin, A.J. (2006). Fornix volume in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Proceedings of the 34th Annual Meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society.