Neural Substrates Of Apathy
We recently observed reduced volume of the frontal lobe in patients with schizophrenia having high levels of apathy (link to journal below). In the present investigation we are extending our study of the structural correlates of apathy in schizophrenia using the NAMIC toolkit with an emphasis on basal ganglia.
Data acquired at 1.5T on 20 patients with schizophrenia and 20 healthy controls at Dartmouth. Have begun to apply 3D Slicer for manual segmentation. Additional subject accrual ongoing.
- Dartmouth DBP 1: Robert Roth, Laura Flashman, Andrew Saykin, Thomas McAllister
- Isomics Engineering: Steve Pieper
- Paper, American Journal of Psychiatry 2004, Volume 161, Issue 1: Apathy in Schizophrenia: Reduced Frontal Lobe Volume and Neuropsychological Deficits
- Feb 22, 2006: Sylvain Bouix to visit Dartmouth
- December 1, 2005 Dartmouth Group Slicer Training Followup at Harvard, 1249 Boylston