Training:User Workshop MGH 16 September 2005
September 16, 2005
If you have signed up for this training, please check Attendee list Attendee List for your name here and on the Sept. 30th attendee list September 30, 2005. User Training Workshop at the SPL on Boylston St, Boston. to see where you are scheduled.
- To provide hands-on training in the neuroimaging data visualization software tool, 3DSlicer (a NAMIC Toolkit application Freesurfer.WishList. Training in the use of other Slicer modules will be provided.
- To establish contact between NAMIC Tookit experts (users and developers) and clinical researchers in the Boston neuroimaging community.
- To obtain feedback on how the NAMIC Toolkit applications satisfy the needs of the clinical research being carried out in Boston neuroimaging community.
- The workshop will be held at the Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging in Charlestown, MA. Please check Martinos Center for directions. We will meet in the Research Affairs Conference Room A on the first floor at the West end of the building.
- To sign-up for this event, send an e-mail to Sonia Pujol (spujol at bwh.harvard.edu) with your contact information and any specific training requests.
- Due to welcome, but unexpectly large numbers of people signing up, we have expanded the number of people we will accommodate to 25 and have scheduled another Workshop for September 30, 2005 to be held in the conference room at the Surgical Planning Laboratory facility on Boylston Street, see for details. If you are signed up for this workshop but want to switch over to the September 30th one, please email Sonia Pujol (spujol at bwh.harvard.edu) with your request.
- The computer room does not permit food, the Charlestown Navy Yard facility has a cafeteria where participants may purchase their lunch and/or coffee.
Preparation for Workshop -- Important Information for all attendees
Please do these installations now.
All attendees are required to complete the following items prior to the workshop. Support will be provided as requested.
- Software Installation: Please install the newest version of the Slicer program Slicer2.5 MGH appropriate to the computer you will be bringing to the workshop.
- Data to Download: Get the tutorial data pointed to at Slicer User Training 101 page tutorial-with-dicom.zip, and the FreeSurfer example datasets subjects.zip that are necessary for the second half of the Workshop.
We will be happy to assist anybody who may encounter difficulties in the installation process. As first point of contact, send an email to the NAMIC-developers mailing list which will be closely monitored by NAMIC Tookit experts. Because we will focus on how to use the application(s) during the workshop not on how to install it, please do the install before you arrive.
Optional Freesurfer Installation: If you would like to process your own data (pre-processed data is already provided for the Slicer tutorial) then please download the newest version of FreeSurfer. Please visit the FreeSurfer Wiki page for download information, documentation and help with installation.
Draft Agenda (subject to minor modifications by Workshop providers, trainees please do not edit this section)
9:30 AM - 4 PM
- 9:30 - 9:45 AM Goals of Workshop, Introduction to the NAMIC Kit media:Slicer-Overview.ppt, and People-Introductions (Randy Gollub)
- 9:45 - 11:15 Hands-on Session 1 (Sonia Pujol/Randy Gollub) Slicer Training 1
- Slicer Interface Overview
- Loading Data (Volumes, Models, Scenes)
- Interacting with Images and Models
- 11:15 - 11:45 Hands-on Session 2 (Sonia Pujol) Saving Data in Slicer
- 11:45 - 12:30 Lunch on own
- 11:45 - 12:30 Lunch on own
- 12:30- 2:00 Hands-on Session 3 (Randy Gollub/Sonia Pujol) Freesurfer integration with Slicer
- Viewing images and results
- Model Making
- Making figures
- 2:00- 2:15 Coffee Break on own
- 2:15-3:30 Work with your own data, support from Slicer Programmers to ensure interoperability
- 3:30 - 3:45 Brief overview of other Slicer modules - input from participants about future training programs
- 3:45 - 4:00 Users feedback and Wrap up